Coach Melanie Black is offering a specialty class this summer focusing on improving a skaters Power, Edges and Expression. This will take place at the Midland Civic Arena on the same Tuesdays as our club ice time. The class will take place immediately following.
Schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, July 9 7:00 – 8:00 pm.
- Tuesday, July 16 7:00 – 8:00 pm.
- Tuesday, July 23 7:00 – 8:00 pm.
- Tuesday, July 30 7:00 – 8:00 pm.
- Tuesday. August 6 7:00 – 8:00 pm.
Each class component is designed to help with the different aspects of skating:
- Power: designed to add power, strength and speed to your skating along with improving cardiovascular endurance.
- Edges: help the skaters develop turns on the proper edge pattern and how to obtain additional power through development and use of their edges.
- Expression: There is more to skating than jumping, spinning and connecting steps. These are just elements. Learn how to interpret music and develop expression and personality on the ice.
Cost for this class will be based on the number of confirmed signups. In order to keep the ice time and hold the class. Cost per skater will be $119.00 for the 5 week session and is due on the first night of class (July 9). This is the highest possible cost for the class. if more skaters sign up the cost will go down! For example if 15 skaters confirm participation the cost will drop to $79.00 per skater. Skaters will receive an email at least one week before the class begins to confirm the final cost. Costs include ice time & coaching fees.
It is recommended that skaters be in at least Basic 4 to participate. Skaters do not have to sign up for Club ice in Midland to participate in this class.. Please email us at Mt PleasantFSC@gmail.com or contact Melanie (firstname.lastname@example.org) ASAP if you wish to participate.