Participants in the Winter Session of Learn to Skate, Bridge, and the MPFSC Club Programs will have the opportunity to participate in the Annual Ice Show. The exhibition will showcase exciting solo and group figure skating numbers based around a central theme. Skaters will perform under spotlights and the choreography will highlight the skills they have been learning in their group classes or private lessons. The show is a great opportunity for your family and friends to celebrate all the hard work your skaters have put into their lessons and programs.
Our 2018 Show will take place at the end of February. More details coming soon!
- Club & Bridge Skaters are responsible for providing their own costumes. Please talk with your coach for ideas. If your skater is part of a group number, please work together with the other parents to coordinate the look.
- Learn to Skate: Costumes will be provided for your skater. We may ask for them to wear a certain color pant and/or shirt as a base, but all accessories will be provided.
Important Details for the Day of the Performance:
- Please be at the ICE Arena with your skater on time!
- When you arrive you will be directed to a locker room where your skater will finish preparing. Be sure to pick up your rental skates (if needed) on the way so you’ll have them ready to go.
- Inside the locker room you’ll find the final pieces for the costume with an information sheet with instructions for how the items should be worn/carried.
- Once they are dressed and ready, please have your child wait in the locker room for their coach/instructor. They will make sure they get out to the ice on time.
- Parents are welcome to watch the show from the bleachers or from the viewing area upstairs. Seats upstairs go fairly quickly, so come early if you prefer to sit up in that area.
- After their performance skaters are welcome to sit with you and watch the remainder of the show, but remember the concrete floor and metal bleachers can damage a skate blade, so please be careful. Also skates should never be worn when climbing the stairs to the second floor unless the skater is wearing hard guards.
- If you must leave the arena before the show ends, please wait until the skater on the ice has completed their routine. Noises from the bleachers can be distracting to the skater and the audience during a performance.
- We will have a “finale” performance at the end of the show and all the LTS skaters are invited to take a final bow. Skaters should begin to gather by the “curtain” near the beginning of the final act and the coaches and ice monitor will get them lined up and ready.
- You are welcome to take your own photos during the show, but please remember to turn off your flash! Flash photography is not allowed due to the dangers it poses to the skaters on the ice. Thank you for understanding!
- Our show could not run without our fantastic parent volunteers! Please ask at the LTS cart to find out how you can help us make our ice show a success.
- 2017 — Once Upon a Blade
- 2016 — When I Grow Up...
- 2015 — AccessorIce: Skating on the Edge of Fashion
- 2014 — A Year on Edge
- 2013 — Broadway Magic
- 2012 — Jukebox Journey