The Mt Pleasant Figure Skating Club is a non-profit organization primarily operated by volunteers. Being a member of the program means you are a member of the community, and that means doing your part to help us be successful. We can’t do it without you!
Who must complete the volunteer requirement:
As a condition of certain membership levels, families are expected to contribute a minimum number of Club Support hours per year.
2023- 24 CLUB SUPPORT HOURS REQUIREMENT
|MPFSC MEMBERSHIP LEVEL||CLUB SUPPORT HOURS REQUIRED
Per Family Per Year
|Introductory, Full, Additional Skater, Parental||15 hours/year**||$300.00|
|Junior Club||10 hours/year**||$200.00|
|Associate, Non-Skating, Collegiate, Learn to Skate||No Club Support Hours Required||N/A|
*Club Support hours are per family, not per member. If there are two members of different membership types, the greater hour requirement must be completed.
** Please note that 5 of the required total Club Support Hours per year, must be “in person” or requiring working at an event or fulfilling an active role on a given day. 3 of the “in person” hours must be earned by working at the Annual Ice Show, Mountain Town Classic and/or the High School Competition.
For full details and requirements, please read our Club Support Hours Policies and Procedures.
How can you help?
There are many ways to help, as well as meet the Club Support Hours requirement:
- Playing Music during Club Ice and Drop In — Play program music for skaters and coaches. Training will be provided.
- Ice Monitor during Club Ice — Check in Skaters as they take to the ice. Log on the monitor sheet and mark off punch cards. Sell punch cards and collect drop in payments as necessary.
- Learn to Skate Cart — Monitor the cart during Learn to Skate Sessions, answer questions or direct to those who can.
- Hospitality for club events (testing, competition, etc) — Bring in food/drink for our coaches and judges. Sign up will be available prior to each event.
- Test Sessions — Set up, clean up, runner for results, and more.
- Locker Room Cleaning — Help us keep the club room clean!
- Ice Show Performances — We need help with set up, welcome desk, locker room monitors, ushers and more. Sign up will be available prior to the event.
- Props for Ice Shows — Help create props for our annual ice show.
- Spot Light work for Ice Shows — Help light up our skaters as the perform in the ice show. Training will be provided.
- Costume organization or manufacture for Ice Show — We provide costume accessories for all of our Learn to Skate participants in the ice show. Help us design ideas or even make pieces for the costumes.
- Mountain Town Classic — We need LOTS of help with our annual competition. Jobs will include: registration, ice monitor, announcer, music player, result runner, medals presenter and more. Sign up will be available prior to the event.
- Media promotion of MPFSC and its benefits and events
These are just a few of the many ways you can help our program and events be successful. If you have a unique talent or skill that you feel would benefit our organization, we’d love to hear your idea!
*To meet the Club Support Hours requirement, volunteers can be a member of the skaters’ immediate family, or the skater themselves. Just be sure the form is signed appropriately.
For more information on how you can help, or if you have a question on the Club Support Hours requirement, please email us at email@example.com.