The Mt. Pleasant Figure Skating Club is entirely volunteer driven. We rely solely on the support of our skating parents and membership to fill vital roles within the organization. We could not function without the help of our amazing volunteers!
- Bridge: 8 hours per family*
- Club: 12 hours per family*
These hours are expected to be completed and documented by May 20th or families will be billed $10 for each hour not completed.
Volunteer forms must be completed and signed by an appropriate committee chair or board member within 2 weeks of the volunteer time. Families are responsible for contacting the chair or board members to sign the form in a timely fashion.
Learn to Skate USA Families are not required to complete volunteer time, but are encouraged to get involved when possible.
How can you help?
There are many ways to help, as well as meet the volunteer requirement:
- Pass out flyers to schools and business for MPFSC events (1 hour credited per event)
- Playing Music during Club Ice and Drop In — Play program music for skaters and coaches. Training will be provided. (1 hour – 1 1/2 hours credited per session)
- Ice Monitor during Club Ice — Check in Skaters as they take to the ice. Mark off on monitor sheet and collect drop in payments as necessary. (1 hour credited per session )
- Learn to Skate Cart — Monitor the cart during Learn to Skate Sessions, answer questions or direct to those who can. (1 hour credited per class)
- Hospitality for club events (testing, competition, etc) — Bring in food/drink for our coaches and judges. Sign up will be available prior to each event. (1 hour credited per dish, per event)
- Test Sessions — Set up, clean up, runner for results, and more. (hours will vary)
- Locker Room Cleaning — Help us keep the club room clean! (hours may vary)
- Ice Show Performances — We need help with set up, welcome desk, locker room monitors, ushers and more. Sign up will be available prior to the event. (2 hours credited per show worked)
- Props for Ice Shows — Help create props for our annual ice show. (Time will vary)
- Spot Light work for Ice Shows — Help light up our skaters as the perform in the ice show. Training will be provided. (2 hours credited per show worked)
- Costume organization or manufacture for Ice Show — We provide costume accessories for all of our Learn to Skate participants in the ice show. Help us design ideas or even make pieces for the costumes. (Time will vary)
- Mountain Town Classic — We need LOTS of help with our annual competition. Jobs will include: registration, ice monitor, announcer, music player, result runner, medals presenter and more. Sign up will be available prior to the event and hours will vary based on position and schedule.
- Learn to Skate Registration — Help sign up skaters and their families for Learn to Skate Lessons. Sign up is held 3 times per year. (1 hour credited per event)
- Media promotion of MPFSC and its benefits and events (hours may vary)
These are just a few of the many ways you can help our program and events be successful. If you have a unique talent or skill that you feel would benefit our organization, we’d love to hear your idea!
*To meet the volunteer requirement, volunteers can be a member of the skaters’ immediate family, or the skater themselves. Just be sure the volunteer form is signed appropriately.
For more information on how you can help, or if you have a question on the volunteer requirement, please email us at email@example.com.