Do you love to act and perform?
Are you looking for an opportunity to improve your on ice performance skills in a challenging and fun way?
Do you enjoy being a part of a team?
If so, the Journey into Imagination Theater Team may be just the right fit for you!
To participate on the Journey into Imagination Theater Team:
- Skaters must be currently enrolled in or have passed Pre Free Skate or higher.
- Skaters must be a member of Learn to Skate USA or a full member of USFS
- Skaters who are ages 18+ must be Safesport Compliant
- Skaters must commit to performing in each of the scheduled exhibitions and competitions.
Team practices are held on Saturday mornings from late Fall through early Spring and consist of on and off ice activities. Skaters work towards performing a routine to music which not only focuses on skating skills, but performance and acting as well. The group number will be performed as a part of MPFSC’s annual ice show with the potential of other exhibition opportunities as well. The team also takes part in the Michigan Showcase Competition each Spring.
Season costs are calculated based on the number of skaters participating and is payable in monthly installments. The more skaters who participate on the team, the lower the cost will be per skater. Fundraising opportunities are also held to help defer some of the season costs. Season fees include on ice instruction, off ice instruction, prop/choreography/music fees, team entry & practice ice fees for the Michigan Showcase Competition and a team jacket for new members.
Ice fees are paid on a drop in basis and are an additional cost that is not calculated into the season fees. Skaters will pay $15 per week to the rink office for on ice costs. Costume fees may also be an additional expense.
For more information, please contact:
- Melanie Black, Coach/Director: firstname.lastname@example.org / (989) 423-5877
- Theresa Morgan, Team Manager: email@example.com / (989) 488-8773
Be sure to “Like” Journey into Imagination on Facebook to keep up to date with all of the latest news from the team.
Join us for the 2022 -23 Season! Check out our Facebook page at the link above for details!
- Claire Britton, Julia Britton, Sean Cotter, Maiyah Gillis, Lily Itauma, Olivia Kunik, Mallory Kunik, Izabelle LaLone Maya Massaway, Francesca Roma, Bridget Wiggins
2020 – 21: The Show Must Go On
- Claire Britton, Sean Cotter, Laura Goenner, Olivia Kunik, Mallory Kunik, Haley McIntyre, Kayla Morgan, Francesca Roma, Bridget Wiggins,
2021 Michigan Showcase – 4th place
2019-20 – Greatest Showman
- Sean Cotter, Laura Goenner, Nicole Goenner, Elliana Gursky, Olivia Kunik, Mallory Kunik, Haley McIntyre, Madison Morey, Kayla Morgan, Francesca Roma, Bridget Wiggins,
Under the Big Top
Gladwin Ice Show
2018-19 – Surf Crazy
- Sean Cotter, Maiyah Gillis, Elliana Gursky, Mallory Kunik, Olivia Kunik, Kayla Morgan, Francesca Roma, Bridget Wiggins
Michigan Showcase – 3rd place
2017-18 – Willy Wonka
- Rachel Bigelow, Bailey Burger, Jawaher Dabas, Laura Goenner, Nicole Goenner, Elliana Gursky, Andrea Kemler, Mallory Kunik, Olivia Kunik, Madison Morey, Maycen Morey, Kayla Morgan, Sara Nitschke, Kaye Roe, Miranda Steffke, Bridget Wiggins
National Showcase – 10th place
2016 – 17
- Rachel Bigelow, Jawher Dabas, Sofia Hill, Olivia Kunik, Cassidy Marsh, Bronwyn Moisan, Madison Morey, Maycen Morey, Kayla Morgan, Sara Nitschke, Jaeydn Myers, Hadley Samarco,
Once Upon a Blade:
- Rachel Bigelow, Jawaher Dabas, Sofia Hill, Olivia Kunik, Alyssa Manno, Cassidy Marsh, Jaedyn Myers, Bronwyn Moisan, Madison Morey, Maycen, Morey, Kayla Morgan, Sara Nitschke, Miranda Steffke, Autumn Willsey
Michigan Showcase: 2nd place