2019- 20 Bridge Program Schedule
Fall 1 2019: September 9 – October 17, 2019 (6 weeks)
Fall 2 2019: October 21 – December 5, 2019 (6 weeks)
Winter 2020: January 13 – March 5, 2020 (8 weeks)
Spring 2020: March 16 – May 7, 2020 (8 weeks)
- Annual Membership Fee: Required
- Cost: $18 annually (Membership year runs July 1-June 30)
- This is an additional fee that will be charged once per year and is added on to the registration cost for the student’s first skating session of the season.
- Covers the cost of a US Figure Skating Learn to Skate USA membership.
- Skaters will receive a membership card, a copy of Learn to Skate USA: The Magazine, a Skater’s Record Book, a Parents Handbook and a welcome letter by mail once the registration has been processed by USFS.
- Coaching Fees: $6.00 per 20 minute lesson. You will receive a separate bill from your skater’s coach for this charge.
- Skate Rental:
- If you do not have your own skates, rentals are available from the ICE Arena for $1.00 per class.
- Rental fees will be paid per class – no pay ahead option is available.
- Bridge Discount: Skaters participating in the MPFSC Bridge Program receive 1/2 off their Learn to Skate USA class fees.
Fees can be paid by cash, check (payable to MPFSC), or credit/debit cards. Payments may be made in person on the first night of class or online with registration. Please note credit/debit transactions are subject to a $4 convenience fee
Make up Class Policy:
Students may have the opportunity to make-up a bridge lesson. Make-up lessons can only occur within the current class session and only when arranged in advance with the skater’s coach. If the students coach does not have the availability to hold a make up lesson, the skater may make arrangements to come and practice on their own.
If you are interested in signing up for Bridge, but have not been in the program previously, please do the following:
- Inquire on Bridge openings by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, messaging us on Facebook or speaking with a volunteer at the Learn to Skate Cart.
- Be sure to specify if you would prefer to have lessons on Monday or Thursday nights.
- If you have a preference, you may also specify which instructor you hope to work with or we will work to find one for you*
- Once you have confirmation from the Learn to Skate Director of your enrollment in the program, your coaching assignment and lesson night, you will be asked to fill out a bridge and volunteer contract and submit payment.
If you have been enrolled in the Bridge Program previously and wish to continue with your lessons, please do the following:
- Contact your instructor directly to check on their availability for the current session.
- Once you have confirmation of your lesson night, you may register online or complete a paper form.
- A new volunteer agreement must be filled out each skating year.