2022- 23 Rising Stars Schedule
Notes for this session:
Fall 2 2022: October 24 – December 8, 2022 (6 weeks)
Winter 2023: January 9 – March 2, 2023 (8 weeks)
Spring 2023: March 13 – May 4, 2023 (8 weeks)
Summer 2023: May 11 – June 1 (3 – 4 weeks)
Notes for this session:
- Annual Membership Fee: Required
- Cost: $20 annually (Membership year runs July 1-June 30)
- This is an additional fee that will be charged once per year and is added on to the registration cost for the student’s first skating session of the season.
- Covers the cost of a US Figure Skating Learn to Skate USA membership.
- Skaters will receive a membership card, a copy of Learn to Skate USA: The Magazine, a Skater’s Record Book, a Parents Handbook and a welcome letter by mail once the registration has been processed by USFS.
- Coaching Fees: $6.00 per 20 minute lesson (private or semi-private). This will be billed separately by your skater’s coach
- Skate Rental:
- If you do not have your own skates, rentals are available from the ICE Arena for $2.00 per class.
Fees can be paid by cash, check (payable to MPFSC), or credit/debit cards. Payments may be made in person on the first night of class or online with registration.
Make up Class Policy:
Students may have the opportunity to make-up a Rising Stars lesson. Make-up lessons can only occur within the current class session and only when arranged in advance with the skater’s coach. If the students coach does not have the availability to hold a make up lesson, the skater may make arrangements to come and practice on their own.
If you are interested in signing up for Rising Stars, but have not been in the program previously, please do the following:
- Inquire on openings by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, messaging us on Facebook or speaking with a volunteer at the Learn to Skate Cart.
- Be sure to specify if you would prefer to have lessons on Monday or Thursday nights.
- If you have a preference, you may also specify which instructor you hope to work with or we will work to find one for you*
- Once you have confirmation of your coaching and assigned lesson night, you will be asked to fill out registration form and submit payment for the ice time.
If you have been enrolled in the Rising Stars Program previously and wish to continue with your lessons, please do the following:
- Contact your instructor directly to check on their availability for the current session.
- Once you have confirmation of your lesson night, please email us at email@example.com to request the online registration form.
*Please note that openings in this program are based on coaching availability.