The Bridge Program is designed to help skaters slowly transition from Learn to Skate USA group classes into full membership in the Mt. Pleasant Figure Skating Club. The program offers semi-private and private lessons, allowing the skater to utilize the whole ice surface while receiving more individualized instruction to improve their skills, learn to perform programs to music, and/or prepare for Basic Skills competitions.
The cost of the program covers a 60-minute session of ice from 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm on either Monday and/or Thursday nights. During your skater’s ice time, they may receive a 20 minute lesson with a coach and will have an additional 40 minutes of individual practice time. You will receive a separate bill from the instructor at a discounted rate of $6 per lesson.
The more time skaters have on the ice, the faster they progress, so skaters are encouraged to enroll in both Learn to Skate USA lessons and the Bridge Program. Bridge skaters may sign up for LTS lessons for 1/2 price on either Monday or Thursday nights.
Skaters may continue to take advantage of the Bridge Program until they pass Pre-Freeskate and complete the current skating year, which ends on June 30th. Then the skater must become a member of the MPFSC and may no longer take part in the Bridge Program. (Adult Skaters may partake in the Bridge Program until they have passed Adult 6 and have completed the current skating year).
Ice Days & Times:
- Mondays: 5:00 – 6:00 pm
- Thursdays: 5:00 – 6:00 pm
*Private lesson time during the hour may vary. Please speak to your skater’s coach for details. MPFSC is not responsible for arranging specific lesson times within that hour.
2017-18 Session Schedule:
Bridge skaters follow the same session schedule as the Learn to Skate USA Program:
Sessions for the 2018-19 Skating Year will be posted as soon as they are available. For reference please refer to our 2017-18 dates below.
- Fall 2017: September 18 – December 7, 2017 NEW FORMAT FOR FALL SESSION — 11 WEEKS!
- Mondays: September 18, 25; October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30; November 6, 13, 27; December 4
- Thursdays: September 21, 28; October 5, 12, 19, 26; November 2, 9, 16, 30; December 7
- No classes the week of Thanksgiving
- Winter 2018: January 8 – March 1, 2018 (8 weeks) Includes Participation in our Annual Ice Show! (Registration Closed)
- Mondays: January 8, 15, 22, 29; February 5, 12, 19, 26
- Thursdays: January 11, 18, 25; February 1, 8, 15, 22; March 1
- Ice Show is scheduled for Saturday, February 24, 2018. NEW THIS YEAR, we will be doing TWO Performances on that day! More details to come!
- Spring 2018: March 12 – May 3, 2018 (8 weeks)
- Mondays: March 12, 19, 26; April 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- Thursdays: March 15, 22, 29; April 5, 12, 19, 26; May 3
- Take Note: Our annual Basic Skills Competition, Mountain Town Classic, is scheduled for April 14, 2018 (Click here for more information and details on how you can participate)
Make-up classes may occur, however only within the current class session and only when arranged with the Learn to Skate Director and your skater’s coach prior to any make-up classes.
Costs & Fees:
- Fall 2017 (11 weeks): $165.00/1 night –OR– $330.00/2 nights NEW FORMAT!
- Due to the higher cost of an 11 week class, we are allowing Bridge skaters in this session ONLY to pay their ice fees in three installments. 1/3 of which will be due at registration. The additional payments will be due on October 12th and November 9th.
- Winter 2018 (8 weeks): $120.00*/1 night –OR– $240.00*/2 nights
- Spring 2018 (8 weeks): $120.00/1 night –OR– $240.00/2 nights
Annual Registration Fee: $16, required. Covers the cost of a US Figure Skating Learn to Skate USA membership. Membership year runs July 1-June 30.
Coaching Fees: $6.00 per lesson. You will receive a separate bill from your skater’s coach for this portion.
Skate Rental: If you don’t have your own skates you can rent them from the ICE Arena for $1.00 per class.
*Winter 2018 Session may also include a small fee to help with the purchase of costumes for the Ice Show.
Class Fees may be paid by cash, check (payable to MPFSC), or credit/debit cards. Please note credit/debit transactions are subject to a $4 convenience fee.
- Bridge Discount: Skaters participating in the MPFSC Bridge Program receive 1/2 off their Learn to Skate USA class fees.
Volunteer Requirement: (NEW for 2017-18)
Skating Families taking part in the Bridge program are required to complete 8 hours of volunteer time by May 20th of each year. Bridge Families who do not meet this requirement will be billed $10 per hour not completed. More details and a listing of volunteer opportunities can be found here.
If you are interested in signing your skater up for the “Bridge” Program, please do the following:
- Inquire on openings at the Learn To Skate cart or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to specify the night(s) of the week you would prefer your child to have lessons.
- Specify an instructor, if you have a preference, or we will work to find one for you*. (If you had an instructor last season, they should be contacting you for lesson verification.)
- Once you have confirmation of your coaching and assigned lesson night, you will be asked to fill out a bridge and volunteer contract and submit payment.
*Please note that openings in the Bridge Program are based on coaching availability.
Questions? Email us at MtPleasantFSC@gmail.com or call (989) 817-2485 and leave a message.