The Bridge Program is designed to help skaters slowly transition from Learn to Skate USA group classes into full membership in the Mt. Pleasant Figure Skating Club. The program offers semi-private and private lessons, allowing the skater to utilize the whole ice surface while receiving more individualized instruction to improve their skills, learn to perform programs to music, and/or prepare for Basic Skills competitions.
The cost of the program covers a 60-minute session of ice from 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm on either Monday and/or Thursday nights. During your skater’s ice time, they may receive a 20 minute lesson with a coach and will have an additional 40 minutes of individual practice time. You will receive a separate bill from the instructor at a rate of $6 per lesson.
The more time skaters have on the ice, the faster they progress, so skaters are encouraged to enroll in both Learn to Skate USA lessons and the Bridge Program. Bridge skaters may sign up for LTS lessons for 1/2 price on either Monday or Thursday nights.
Skaters may continue to take advantage of the Bridge Program until they pass Pre-Freeskate (formerly Basic 7 & 8) and complete the current skating year, which ends on June 30th. Then the skater must become a member of the MPFSC and may no longer take part in the Bridge Program. (Adult Skaters may partake in the Bridge Program until they have passed Adult 6 and have completed the current skating year).
Ice Days & Times:
- Mondays: 5:00 – 6:00 pm
- Thursdays: 5:00 – 6:00 pm
*Private lesson time during the hour may vary. Please speak to your skater’s coach for details.
2016-17 Session Schedule:
Bridge skaters follow the same session schedule as the Learn to Skate USA Program:
- Fall 1: September 12, 2016 – October 20, 2016 (6 weeks)
- Mondays: September 12, 19, 26; October 3, 10, 17
- Thursdays: September 15, 22, 29; October 6, 13, 20
- Fall 2: October 24, 2016 – December 8, 2016 (6 weeks, no classes the week of Thanksgiving)
- Mondays: October 24, 31; November 7, 14, 28; December 5
- Thursdays: October 27; November 3, 10, 17; December 1, 8.
- Winter: January 9, 2017 – March 2, 2017 (8 weeks, includes participation in the annual ice show)
- Mondays: January 9, 16, 23, 30; February 6, 13, 20, 27
- Thursdays: January 12, 19, 26; February 2, 9, 16, 23; March 2
- Spring: March 13, 2017 – May 4, 2017 (8 weeks)
- Mondays: March 13, 20, 27; April 3, 10, 17, 24; May 1
- Thursdays: March 16, 23, 30; April 6, 13, 20, 27; May 4.
Make-up classes may occur, however only within the current class session and only when arranged with the Learn to Skate Director and your skater’s coach prior to any make-up classes.
Costs & Fees:
- 6 Week Sessions: (Fall 1 & Fall 2) $84.00 for one night/$168.00 for both nights
- 8 Week Sessions (Winter & Spring) $112.00 for one night/$224.00 for both nights
Annual Registration Fee: $12, required. Covers the cost of a US Figure Skating Learn to Skate USA membership. Membership year runs July 1-June 30.
Coaching Fees: $6.00 per lesson. You will receive a separate bill from your skater’s coach for this portion.
Skate Rental: If you don’t have your own skates you can rent them from the ICE Arena for $1.00 per class.
*Winter 2017 Session may also include a small fee to help with the purchase of costumes for the Ice Show.
- Bridge Discount: Skaters participating in the MPFSC Bridge Program receive 1/2 off their Learn to Skate USA class fees.
If you are interested in signing your skater up for the “Bridge” Program, please do the following:
- Inquire on openings at the Learn To Skate cart, email email@example.com or call Alyssa Wixson at 989-280-7961.
- Specify the night(s) of the week you would like your child to have lessons.
- Specify an instructor, if you have a preference, or we will try to find one for you*. (If you had an instructor last season, they should be contacting you for lesson verification.)
- Once you have confirmation of your coaching and assigned lesson night, you will be asked to fill out a bridge contract and submit payment.
*Please note that openings in the Bridge Program are based on coaching availability.
Questions? Email us at MtPleasantFSC@gmail.com or call (989) 817-2485 and leave a message.