The Mt. Pleasant Figure Skating Club welcomes all figure skaters! Our mission is to provide excellent programs to encourage participation and achievement in figure skating.
MPFSC members share the excitement of figure skating and a love for the sport! Club Membership offers skaters the opportunity to continue their progress beyond the Learn to Skate USA and Bridge Program, allowing them to test and compete within the United States Figure Skating system.
Why Join a Club?
A Learn to Skate membership is the first level of membership in the United States Figure Skating Association (USFSA). It allows a skater to participate in group Learn to Skate lessons, transition into beginning private lessons in our Bridge Program, and take part in Basic Skills events and competitions.
If you or a skater you know has progressed beyond the Basic Skills levels and is interested in taking focused private lessons, as well as beginning the process of testing and competing within the USFS system, joining the Mt Pleasant Figure Skating Club is your next step.
By joining the club, you are also becoming a full member of USFSA and have access to the following resources and opportunities:
- Full U.S. Figure Skating membership for one year
- MPFSC club membership for one year
- Ability to purchase punch cards for MPFSC club ice sessions at a reduced rate.
- Subscription to Skating magazine (one per household).
- Test at U.S. Figure Skating-sponsored test sessions.
- Compete at U.S. Figure Skating-sanctioned events. ( (Basic Skills, Excel Series, Adult Qualifying Series, etc)
- Opportunity to participate in the annual ice show.
- Receive Certificates of accomplishment and pins for passing USFS tests.
- Coverage under U.S. Figure Skating’s sports accident insurance policy.
- Serve the club as an elected member of the board (21 and over – please contact us for more details if you are interested!)
We offer several membership options for skaters and their families:
Full Standard membership: $105.00*
Joint Membership with US Figure Skating and MPFSC for first family member, receives all of the benefits listed above.
First Year Introductory Membership: $75.00*
A First Year Introductory Club Membership is available to skaters who have just finished Pre-Free Skate in the Learn to Skate USA or Bridge program. This features joint membership with US Figure Skating and MPFSC which offers a transition, allowing skaters’ time to evaluate their continued interest in the sport. A skater can register as a First Year Club Member for a period of one year only at a reduced price. Introductory Members have the same privileges as a Full Member (please see above).
May not have previously been a full US Figure skating member.
Additional Skating or Parental membership: $50.00*
Includes joint membership to US Figure Skating and MPFSC for additional family members who skate and/or Skating Parents* at a reduced rate. Additional Skating members have the same privileges as a Full Member (please see above), with the exception of the Skating Magazine subscription, which is limited to one per household.
Please Note for all skaters under the age of 18, at least one parent must become a USFS member as well.
Collegiate Membership: $130.00*
A four-year full membership to US Figure Skating and MPFSC at a reduced rate for college-aged members. Carries the same privileges as a full member (please see above) for the four-year duration, including subscription to SKATING magazine, and all testing and competition rights.
Each athlete may receive this option only once during their entire skating career.
Associate Membership: $45.00*
Membership to MPFSC only. Members must have a designated home club. Allows skater to purchase ice time during regularly scheduled MPFSC Sessions and the opportunity to participate in the annual ice show.
Non-Skating Members: $25.00*
Membership to MPFSC only. This option is for adults or families not currently enrolled in a skating program who wish to support MPFSC.
*Costs are current as of the 2022-23 Skating Year. Prices are subject to change.
Membership Year and Renewal:
The skating year runs from July 1st – June 30th. Memberships to MPFSC & USFSA expire on June 30th and need to be renewed annually*. Skaters who are actively testing/and or competing are encouraged to not let their membership lapse as there can be a delay in processing which could affect their ability to qualify to participate in such events. Please contact the Membership Chair for more details.
*The Collegiate Membership is the only exception to the expiration and renewal requirements. A Collegiate Membership will expire on June 30th of the 4th year. After a Collegiate Membership expires a skater would need to become a Full Standard Member.
MPFSC Familes are required to complete 12 hours of volunteer time over the course of the skating year. Hours must be completed and documented before June 24th or families will be charged $10 for each hour not completed. For more information on the Volunteer Requirement and to find out how you can get involved, click here.
Join the Club today!
We invite you to be a part of MPFSC! Click the link below to download our 2022-23 Club Membership packet.
2022-23 Membership Packet
Joining or Renewing your membership is quick & easy!
- Click here and go to our MPFSC store and add the memberships (as listed above) you are renewing to your cart.
- Check out with your debit/credit card — please leave a note with the names of the memberships being created or renewed.
- Print off and complete the membership packet and return in one of the following ways:
- Scan and email to MtPleasantFSC@gmail.com
with the subject “2022-23 Membership”
- Mail via USPS to: Mt Pleasant Figure Skating Club; c/o Membership Chair; P.O. Box 975; Mt. Pleasant, MI 48804-0975
- Turn in to Michelle Morey, Club President/Membership Chair – or – Theresa Morgan, Club Secretary
- Drop in the black mailbox in the MPFSC club room.
- Scan and email to MtPleasantFSC@gmail.com
If you have any questions about Club Membership or the application process, please contact us at MtPleasantFSC@gmail.com.