Participants in the Winter Session of Learn to Skate, as well as the Theater on Ice Teams, Junior Club, and MPFSC Club members will have the opportunity to participate in the Annual Ice Show. The exhibition will showcase exciting solo and group figure skating numbers based around a central theme. Skaters will perform under spotlights and the choreography will highlight the skills they have been learning in their group classes or private lessons. The show is a great opportunity for your family and friends to celebrate all the hard work your skaters have put into their lessons and programs.
2024 Performance: Music Legends
Saturday, February 17, 2024
- 1st show @ 2 pm* — All MPFSC Club, Junior Club & Monday Learn to Skate Skaters will perform
- 2nd show @ 5 pm* —All MPFSC Club, Junior Club & Thursday Learn to Skate Skaters will perform
- Skaters should arrive one hour before their showtime if at all possible, but should arrive no later than 30 minutes before.
- *Time subject to change. Will be confirmed in mid December.
- $5.00* (Ages 3 and up)
- 2 and under Free
- *Cost subject to change. Will be confirmed by mid-December.
- Advance tickets are available for purchase at the Cart during practices and can also be purchased through our online store at https://mt-pleasant-figure-skating-club.square.site/ice-show-tickets Online ticket purchases can then be picked up at the cart during weekly practice or at the welcome table on the day of the show. Limited tickets may also be available for purchase at the door, but prepurchase is recommended.
- Skaters performing in the show do not need to purchase a ticket.
- All proceeds will help offset the ice show costs and benefit the Learn to Skate and Club skating programs.
- LTS Parent Meeting #1: TBD
Meetings will be held at 6:05 pm. Please plan to attend! Important information about the show will be discussed.
- MPFSC Club & Junior Club Skaters are responsible for providing their own costumes. Please talk with your coach for ideas. If your skater is part of a group number, please work together with the other parents to coordinate the look. We encourage you to work out these details soon after the programs are assigned in case any pieces need to be ordered.
- Learn to Skate: Skaters will be asked to wear certain colors for the base of their costume. Accessories will be provided on the day of the show. Skaters may keep their accessory pieces after the performance.
- Program Photos: Group photos for the ice show program will be taken during normal lesson times. No special attire is required, just bring your smiles.
- Happy Ads: Give your skater a “shout out” and congratulate them on all their efforts by purchasing a “Happy Ad” in the Ice Show program. For just $5 you can put in an encouraging note to your skater and wish them luck on what are sure to be some show stopping performances! Happy Ad Forms are available at the Learn to Skate Cart. Please note, to ensure placement in the program all forms and payments must be turned in by TBD. No late submissions will be accepted.
- Business Ads: Ad space is available for purchase for local businesses and organizations in the Ice Show Program. Forms and pricing for Business Ads are available at the cart. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. To ensure placement in the program all forms and payments must be turned in by TBD. No late submissions will be accepted.
- Monday, February 12, 2024
- 6 pm for Monday Learn to Skate Classes
- Thursday, February 15, 2024
- 5 pm for Club & Junior Club Skaters with spotlights
- 6 pm for Thursday Learn to Skate classes
It is very important that your skaters attend. This is not a dress rehearsal, but the skaters are welcome to wear their costumes if they wish.
During the rehearsal we will be practicing show programs and also be practicing the finale where all skaters will be taking a final bow. Please plan to arrive 20-25 minutes early so that there is adequate time to get skates on. Rehearsal will begin on time.
Important Details for the Day of the Performance:
- Please be at the Martin Ice Arena with your skater on time!
- When you arrive you will be directed to a locker room where your skater will finish preparing. Be sure to pick up your rental skates (if needed) on the way so you’ll have them ready to go.
- Inside the locker room you’ll find the final pieces for the costume with an information sheet with instructions for how the items should be worn/carried.
- Once they are dressed and ready, please have your child wait in the locker room with their coach/instructor/volunteer. They will make sure they get out to the ice on time.
- Parents are welcome to watch the show from the bleachers or from the viewing area upstairs. Seats upstairs go fairly quickly, so come early if you prefer to sit up in that area.
- After their performance skaters are welcome to sit with family and watch the remainder of the show, but remember the concrete floor and metal bleachers can damage a skate blade, so please be careful. Also skates should never be worn when climbing the stairs to the second floor unless the skater is wearing hard guards.
- If you must leave the arena before the show ends, please wait until the skater on the ice has completed their routine. Noises from the bleachers can be distracting to the skater and the audience during a performance.
- We will have a “finale” performance at the end of the show and all the LTS skaters are invited to take a final bow. Skaters should begin to gather by the “curtain” near the beginning of the Annie section and the coaches and ice monitor will get them lined up and ready.
- You are welcome to take your own photos during the show, but please remember to turn off your flash! Flash photography is not allowed due to the dangers it poses to the skaters on the ice. Thank you for understanding!
- Our show could not run without our fantastic parent volunteers! Please ask us to find out how you can help make our ice show a success.
- 2023 Back to the 80’s
- 2022 Celebrating the Small Screen
- 2021 Spring Exhibition
- 2020 Under the Big Top
- 2019 – Just Another Day in ParadICE
- 2018 — On the Radio
- 2017 — Once Upon a Blade
- 2016 — When I Grow Up...
- 2015 — AccessorIce: Skating on the Edge of Fashion
- 2014 — A Year on Edge
- 2013 — Broadway Magic
- 2012 — Jukebox Journey